Snapping photos on our iPhones, GALAXY S5’s, and now Amazon Fire Phones create a monumental problem when it comes to photo sharing. Yes, we can easily share our digital photos on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, but this new technology is largely stuck in the present. We can only share recent photos from our smart phones, rather than photos from 10, 20, or even 50 years ago.
On #TBT (Throw Back Thursday), how many of you open a photo album, snap a picture of a photo from 1983 on your smart phone, and then share it on Facebook? That is a temporary solution at best, especially when you consider that there are an estimated 3.5 trillion analog photos that are missing out on their 15 minutes of fame because all of those snapshots are still analog.
Shoe boxes of snapshots and carousals of 35mm slides are an integral part of our family’s history. With the surge in digital photo sharing, there is a corresponding urgency to quickly, easily, and affordably scan photos and share them with friends and family.
Blogger, Linda Beaudry Condrillo, “FrugaLinda” shares ways to get just about everything for practically nothing. She does the work for us by shopping, sharing, tweeting and blogging about all the great deals she identifies. According to her blog, from luxury goods and services at bargain basement prices, Linda provides up-to-date information about sales you can’t afford to miss; how to lower nearly all of your monthly bills, and point you in the right direction if you like to plan your own (frugal but fabulous) vacation getaways.
We are pleased that Linda included ScanMyPhotos.com and our pay one price photo scanning service among her top eight ways to save. Read more.
(Almost) Unlimited Photo Scanning
If you’re one of those people who stores a lifetime of memories in a shoe box under your bed, or in bins in closets, or envelopes in every available drawer (or all of the above), consider having them all scanned and stored safely on a disc at ScanMyPhotos.com.
President and CEO Mitch Goldstone says, “We have long used a pay one price model to make ordering of photo scanning easy and affordable. It works because there is only one price and is super simple.” Their most popular service? A prepaid pay one price, fill-the-box scanning, for just $145. This includes free 3-day shipping and fast 5-10 day scanning. Can’t beat having about 1,800 to 2,000 nostalgic photo snapshots digitized in days for just $145.
I was reminded how difficult it is to photograph babies when I went to visit my friends and their newborn son last week. Capturing his sweet little face and tiny little body wrapped up in a blanket was really, really hard. I shot him from above, and well, it didn’t do him justice.
So, I did some research around how to photograph babies in a way that truly captures their adorableness. Here’s what I found:
1. Lay down next to them
This is one thing we definitely didn’t do enough with our own kids: Lay on the floor or bed next to the baby. You’ll end up with shots taken on his level rather than looking down at him.
2. Opt for simple backgrounds
When you’re taking portrait-style shots, clear out the clutter and opt for a neutral, basic background. You can place the baby on a soft white or cream sheet or blanket draped over his boppy pillow or laid out on a bed.
Recent Customer Reviews of ScanMyPhotos.com
Before ordering from an Ecommerce company, it’s always useful to ask how long they have been in business and what type of experience they have and read the reviews. At ScanMyPhotos.com the answer is A) Been in business since 1990; B) Our photo digitizitioon service has scanned nearly one-quarter billion pictures; C) See the below customer comments we received during the past two months.
- They were awesome the whole way through! And you can mix and match the picture sizes for a minimal fee. Thank you!
- Great product!
- They were really quick. I was not crazy about the photos being rubber banded upon return. I sent in zip locks so they would not get wet and they did not come back in them just with rubber bands around them. Not as big of a deal as it is sounding here. I will use them again.
- Great price for this service!!!!
- I highly recommend this company for handling your conversions. Very fast. They keep you informed of every step with e-mails.
- Very pleased with the entire process. I sent in photos that are mixed sizes and many were close to 90 years old. Photos were returned quickly, safely and in the same condition as I sent them. Transfer was quick and quality was very good. Currently making a book with these images of years gone by to share with other family members. So happy to be able to do something creative with all these old photos that had been stuck in a box in closet. Now we all can enjoy them for years to come.
- I was happy with the turn around time and the scans are great.. I was still please with the value and end product. I sent photos that were 70+ years old and now can share them w/family.
- Follow their directions for sending things in. they did an outstanding job of scanning in the order I wanted. absolutely 100% pleased with their service. AND, very fast!
- The tips in the directions were very good. The service was excellent. I hope to use the service again.