The U.S. Photo Imaging Institute [USPII] was formed today as a marketplace of ideas to promote and share all things photography and as a photo industry policy and advocacy forum.
To showcase tech innovations, amateur photography, and visionary new ways to use pictures in an all-digital world, the USPII celebrates the best of new photography innovations. It is also a political and policy forum as a reactionary aftereffect to address the unrelenting data breaches and privacy issues from social media platforms like Facebook.
“The fallout from Facebook’s privacy breaches has become a national concern, where impenetrable and safe procedures to police how pictures are used is a priority,” explained. U.S. Photo Imaging Institute chairman, Mitch Goldstone.
Founded by ScanMyPhotos.com, the catalyst for creating this national institute is due to the urgency to protect photographs, while showcasing new innovations to inspire and boost the technology behind pictures.
INITIATIVES AND NEWS UPDATES:
- How Threatening a Boycott of #CES2019 Can End Tariff Trade War
- AccuWeather: Protect Cherished, Irreplaceable Photos Before Natural Disasters
- NEWS: $6.2 Billion Settlement Win, Statement by ScanMyPhotos
- 8 Ways to Fix Water Damaged Photos – Don’t Panic! Water damage from Hurricane Florence?
- The MoviePass Debacle: If It’s Too Good To Be True…
- Why 3.5 Trillion Pictures Are Missing From #InstagramStories
- Millions Get Nostalgic With Photos Every Thursday During #TBT
Mitch Goldstone, CEO of ScanMyPhotos.com and Chairman of The U.S. Photo Industry Institute has decades of very large advocacy campaigns. From winning the largest antitrust litigation in U.S. history against the banks and credit card companies to battling Facebook over its data breaches and photo privacy. Background on ScanMyPhotos.com. Last year, ScanMyPhotos was involved with the national campaign to draw attention to CES’ diversity problem: “With No Women Keynote Speakers, Does CES Have a Diversity Problem?” (Adweek: By Lauren Johnson | December 5, 2017).
Full details and website updates will be available shortly.
Most Popular Posts
- 50% Discount To Digitize Your Pictures at ScanMyPhotos
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- OPEN LETTER: Mr. Trump, Intentional Delays to USPS Deliveries May Force Millions of Businesses to Close
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning