We don’t often promote commercials, but this one by FedEx, viewed by nearly 2.5 million people is magical. Go back in time to relive your past and your memories. It is also a celebration of photography and family history. Thank you FedExContinue reading
ScanMyPhotos.com, founded in 1990 has digitized 600 million pictures and shares these tips, news and customer stores with you. Enjoy
Find more about me on:
Here are my most recent posts
Details, fine print, and all that stuff are posted below. Before ordering, please check out this new CNET review, Orlando Sentinel story and big reveal as our CEO was interviewed on the popular photography podcast “This Week in Photo.”
BONUS SAME-DAY PHOTO SCANNING: If you order today, you will receive same-day express photo scanning. To add our express speed pass same-day scanning, please type “Free Same Day Scanning” under special instructions at checkout. Speed pass is only free if you type that at the time your order is placed. Cannot be applied afterward, or towards prior orders.
- $399 MINIMUM PURCHASE TO ACCESS THE DISCOUNT
- When you order $399 or more online of our most popular service, prepaid fill-the-box scanning, you instantly save 50% until this deal disappears, so hurry.
- Only applies to the prepaid fill-the-box photo scanning service, but not valid towards add-on services, 35mm slides, negative scanning, film, VHS digitization, VIP Photo Pack, Family Generation Collection, Pay-Per-Scan Photo services, or anything else including not valid towards eGift certificates, prior orders, applicable sales tax
- Not prorated. Discount only applies when your original order exceeds $399, if your original order is under $399, sorry, no discount applies
- Example, if you spend $400, you only pay $200 at checkout
- Online orders only
- Certain restrictions may apply, may be canceled without notice
- AT CHECKOUT YOU MUST USE PROMO CODE: “ScanningDeal″
- Excluding applicable sales tax. Void where prohibited.
- Not prorated. Sorry, cannot be applied to prior orders, discounts, or if you did not enter the promo code at the time your order was placed. No exceptions
- Certain restrictions may apply. Please hurry, as we don’t want you to miss out and we love referrals
- Free shipping includes your returned digital media. If you want your pictures returned too, it’s $19.95 extra per box.scanning.
- Don’t rush, after ordering, you have six months to return your photos to be scanned
- BONUS SAME-DAY PHOTO SCANNING: If you order today, you will receive same-day express photo scanning. To add our express speed pass same-day scanning, please type “Free Same Day Scanning” under special instructions at checkout. Speed pass is only free if you type that at the time your order is placed. Cannot be applied afterward, or towards prior orders.
- $399 MINIMUM PURCHASE TO ACCESS THE DISCOUNT
- All photo preparation requirements must be followed
WHY WAIT? NOW FAST SAME-DAY PHOTO SCANNING IS A THING
One of the most common questions asked is how quickly can you digitize my pictures? Often this is for a memorial service, last minute anniversary gift or to rush and protect pictures from natural disasters. The answer is as quick as the same day.
Express FASTScan Photo Scanning Package – Save 40%
- $125 to professionally digitize up to 1,000 standard 4×6” photo snapshots to 300 dpi JPEG images on a standard DVD data disc. See below for details on express same-day scanning. This order includes instant same-day uploading of your files to you. Free USPS Priority Mail return shipping and handling and return tracking for the original photos and data disc DVDs (a $19.95 value). Many popular add-on featured services are available including other-size photos, flash drives, color-correction, return delivery tracking and more when you order at the time of purchase. *See below details for same-day scanning.
- You are responsible for paying to mail your pictures to us and we recommend using the U.S. Postal Service’s Priority Mail Flat-Rate box. We cover the return S/H cost to you.
How to Redeem Your 1,000 4″x”6 Scan Voucher
Purchase this deal online and print your invoice to include with your order. Your completed order form must be included in the box along with your photos. Your original photos will be returned along with your DVD data disc. Additional Add-on products are available, including USB flash drives.
On the order form, you will find a bevy of additional options to enhance your final scans. Order the additional options at the time of purchasing this deal. During checkout, you will have the option to select any additional services.
IMPORTANT: LIMIT 8 Express Photo-Scanning Packages Per Address. This service is exclusively for online, mail-in only, and positively cannot be used for any walk-in services, for any reason or applied to prior orders. Photo scanning only.
*BONUS: Get Same Day Scanning Included With Your Order. Just type “Same day scanning” under special instructions. If received by 10 AM (PT), your order will be scanned the same business day it is received. If received afterward, please add one more business day. Some conditions apply including delays due to holidays, weather and other issues. While we cannot warrantee same-day scanning, we do make every effort to scan the same day your order is received.
Comparing and contrasting, mostly contrasting, Southtree® and Legacybox® with ScanMyPhotos.com®
To quote, the popular song by George and Ira Gershwin, from Porgy and Bess, “It ain’t necessarily so!”
What you hear and read by Legacybox and Southtree (same company) ain’t necessarily so. Listen to their customers. This narrative explains why to review every company before ordering.
You know you are in trouble when former customers share their stories with the competition. In the case of ScanMyPhotos, our order desk regularly hears stories from people who first went to Legacybox and its other brand Southtree [“AMB Media LLP“].
[12/19/18 UPDATE: The new Legacybox Sirius Radio advertisement we just heard proclaims that they are the “most trusted” photo scanning service. We beg to differ].
Character counts in relationships and when deciding whether to trust a business. It is often the intangibles, those signals you pick up that determines how credible a company is. When it comes to businesses, an easy monitor is to Google them. Type: “[business name] + complaints,” “[business name] + reviews,” “[business name] + BBB,” or “[business name] + Yelp.”
The best way to win over customers is by being honest. Work extra hard as a service provider and to excel with a higher level of service. Honesty is always the best policy, especially when supported by a guarantee of exceptional service!
We compiled an ocean-sized list of reviews and even three consumer affairs TV news links from Massachusetts, Arizona, and California that were shared with us. Having pioneered bulk photo scanning, ScanMyPhotos had looked the other way when digital imaging vendors infrequently did things that hindered the important legacy of helping many preserve their pictures.
Competition is always embraced at ScanMyPhotos, as it raises the tide of awareness for digitizing pictures. With trillions of still-analog photos to scan, the market is bigger than any one company. But, when a company egregiously records a stream of complaints, it is time to stand up. And, standing up we are.
We actually embrace and recommend other specialty scanning services all the time for work that they excel at. In the case of Legacybox and Southtree, not so much.
Many may be aware of our decades of consumer and business advocacy campaigns, from litigating against the banks and credit card companies (leading to massive reforms to the runaway hidden costs of accepting credit cards and a $6.2 billion settlement), championing women and diversity issues, climate change, to supporting and occasionally challenging the photo imaging industry. Now, our sights are aimed at Legacybox with the hope this becomes a teachable moment to have them improve their game and improve the issues that are publicly shared by their customers.
This narrative explains why when comparing Legacybox and Southtree to ScanMyPhotos, ScanMyPhotos “gets the edge,” just as they penned on their “Analog: A Legacybox Blog” as they compared themselves to Costco, ScanCafe, FotoBridge, iMemories, and get this, even Southtree without identifying they are one and the same.
There are even tools for identifying real versus fake review posts, like ReviewMeta and FakeSpot. Click on each to see what we saw. While we are not drawing any conclusions, and can’t verify this content, the data raises questions from the company’s Amazon Marketplace reviews.
First a humblebrag for J.D. Biersdorfer who has been answering technology questions for The New York Times for 20 years and is an 8-time author (co-order), including the widely popular 11th edition of “iPod: The Missing Manual.”
J.D. is also co-host of the Pop | Tech | Jam podcast.
In this issue of Tech Tip, J.D. writes a timely report on how to preserve your pictures. In a year when billions of irreplaceable photographs were destroyed from the ravages of natural disasters, and because this keeps happening, we hope many will add this to their to-do list.
Excerpt: If the march of time is eroding your personal picture archive, give your beloved images new life.
If you see your family pictures starting to fade away in their shoe boxes, crumbling photo albums or moldering slide carousels, fear not. There are easy ways to save your valuable images — and maybe even make them better.
Shipping them off to a professional scanning company for digital conversion and retouching is one easy approach. Services like Memories Renewed, DigMyPics and ScanMyPhotos are easily found on the web and do fine work.[Courtesy of The New York Times, Dec 19, 2018]