The gang here at ScanMyPhotos takes digital storage and backing up best practices very seriously—especially when it comes to the irreplaceable sentimental value of your photos and film. While we have professionally digitized 600 million pictures (this fast), there are still trillions more to preserve and backup.
Take a few minutes on this day, check and see if all the photos in your smartphone are being backed up to a cloud service such as Google, Dropbox or iCloud. Oh, and back up important docs, too. Many people do not own scanners to store physical images. A good way to scan and store them can be found at ScanMyPhotos.com, which will scan and store online photos, slides, negative and videos and has been doing it since 1990.
I have literally thousands of photos from my pre-digital life. Maybe it's time to look into this. https://t.co/Dm8l4TaVlh— Lance Ulanoff (@LanceUlanoff) March 27, 2019
For #WorldBackupDay pay just one cent each to have your pre-digital pictures scanned.
The official #WorldBackupDay website clearly (and cleverly) explains the premise for the observance by stating, “Don’t be an April Fool. Be prepared. Back up your files on March 31st.” This makes for an easy day for us to remember each year.
So, if you don’t want to lose any memories, data, important files and pictures take the #WorldBackupDay pledge and share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- 20 Spring Cleaning Tips for People Who Hate Chores — Oprah Magazine
- Photo Organizing with Scan My Photos — Simply Enough
- Don’t lose your old photos to death, divorce, or disaster. How to digitize your photos, negatives, and slides with ScanMyPhotos.com — ABC News Tech Time
- What happened when I told Marie Kondo I have a better, higher-tech method of tidying up — The Washington Post
- Tech Expert Marc Saltzman Interviews ScanMyPhotos –Radio Interview on “TECH IT OUT”
But let’s not stop with just one day either! This day should serve as a ribbon around your finger—a reminder that we should be backing up our precious data on a regular basis throughout the year.
If you’re looking for helpful tips on how or why to start backing up your files, these ScanMyPhotos posts can help:
- If You Don’t Think Photos Are Important, Wait Until They Are All You Have Left
- What’s Your Backup Plan? Keep Those Digital Photos Safe
- How to Keep Digital Photos Safe in the Cloud
- Top 5 Online Photo Storage Solutions
- Google’s Dr. Vinton Cerf Warns of “Information Black Hole”
This page is not officially supported or in any way endorsed by World Backup Day. It is provided as an informational comment only. For more information, visit worldbackupday.com.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Not Upload Pictures To Facebook
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Why Amazon Prime Day Fails And Worse; Spend $119 Before Saving a Penny
- How to Put Together a 50th Wedding Anniversary Photo Book
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video