Sad news as Regal Cinemas–the Second-largest U.S. cinema chain is closing its doors again–and suspending operations at all U.S. locations. We created this plan for producing your own collaborative and interactive film festival — a family documentary from your pictures.
“Entertainment is the relief from loneliness to escape into a story.” [Reed Hastings, co-founder, Netflix].
Here is a fun family archival project to create your own virtual production, as so many events and activities are postponed. This collaborative family legacy film festival will unite everyone together while safely practicing social distancing.
Take a break from watching streaming TV shows, and make your own presentations.
Become an aspiring tech mogul to produce an event to virtually share your adventures and nostalgia with the entire family and your friends. Technology has made moviemaking nearly cost-free and more accessible than ever. You already have all the content–those treasures tucked away in shoeboxes and photo albums.
To create your own breakthrough blockbuster event, invite your family to participate. Have everyone gather and digitize their lifetime of photo snapshots, 35mm slides, film negatives, and movie film. Add in more recent pictures and videos from everyone’s smartphone camera roll.
- Send an invite to participate in your family legacy documentary and explain its purpose;
- Gather photos and pictures of important memorabilia;
- Interview everyone to learn the stories behind the pictures;
- Organize the content;
- Draft an outline and script for your documentary;
- Edit then share your masterpiece.
HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS
Create a Google Photos account for everyone to access and upload their favorite content. Set parameters for contents and limit the editing.
Those goofy snapshots and less-then-artistic images often tell the best story. It is all about storytelling.
HOW TO PRODUCE YOUR MASTERPIECE
Chronologically categorize or package the images by events or separate chapters for each person. Ask everyone to select their favorite tunes to accompany the show. Imbed brief TikTok elements to surprise and enhance production. Use an app like Pixgram to customize your video and photo slideshow with music. Try Montaj to design photo and video montages. Kizoa is an online video editor, movie maker, and slideshow creator to enhance your social media production.
Another favorite is Cute Cut, a user-friendly slide-and-drop app to draw on your videos and add effects, textures, shadows, and borders to personalize your snaps. Add voices to narrate the story behind the pictures.
Use a free app like Canva to add personalized gifs and memes as titles to explain each scene.
To bring people together for celebrating and commemorating your family history is to use Cameo. Hire your favorite celebrity to add a personal touch with a uniquely produced message.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY GUIDELINE
ScanMyPhotos.com prepared these guidelines to help safely gather your family as you get ready for your theatrical close-up.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Instructions For Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- How to save 30% on digitizing photo snapshots
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- How to Digitize APS Film For $7.95