After digitizing 600 million pictures, and loads of national news profiles, this CNET review by Senior Managing Editor, Kent German is epic.
Everyone at ScanMyPhotos.com works so diligently to dazzle every customer and it is heartening to be recognized in this way.
Memories in a shoebox: Digitizing old photos unlocks a flood of mixed emotions. A weekend project to scan and safeguard hundreds of photos from the era of film was more than just an emotional journey, it showed how technology shapes our memories.
The entire experience, from the customer service to speed with which my photos were returned, was top-notch and only took a week. If you have a box of pictures sitting around, it’s an easy way to secure them. If you’re pushing the 2,000-photo mark, go for the $145-prepaid box, which the company says will fit about 1,800 prints. If you don’t have that many, scans start at 16 cents each.
But by sorting and scanning old prints, I have the best of both the print and digital worlds. I still can leaf through my old photos when I’m feeling nostalgic, reminisce with my parents and embarrass longtime friends at milestone birthdays. Now, these mementos also live in the digital realm, and if disaster does strike, I know they won’t be lost forever.
Though I have a scanner, it works (and I’m too lazy) to process more than a thousand photos (my husband contributed his own stash). So, I followed Sharon Profis’ advice and carefully packed a box with prints and sent it to Scanmyphotos.com instead. Just choose the scanning and delivery package you want, pack a box and mail it to the company’s office in Irvine, California. When your scans are done, the box comes back to you, along with electronic copies of your scans.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- “A New Leaf”, TV Series by Ancestry® to debut on NBC this Fall
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos