How to make your next family party a hit!
At ScanMyPhotos.com, we often hear how customers around the globe enjoy the pictures we scanned for them. One popular and always trending reason is as an icebreaker at family gatherings, parties, and family reunions. Are you planning on hosting an upcoming holiday party, or family reunion? Well, we have a fun idea that will get all your guests mixing, mingling, and having a grand old time. The shared pictures help engage and get everyone involved, to find shared interests, who vacationed at the same locations and more.
Set up a scrolling slideshow featuring decades-past photos of the guests who plan to attend. Ask each guest to submit scanned photo memories from their decades-past childhood and special pictures that share a story. Great icebreaker tip.
You’ll want to set this up on a large TV or monitor in a location where everyone can easily gather around to watch and chat.
Not only will people love to see themselves on the big screen, but this is also a fantastic way to hear tons of stories as photos always trigger a trip or two down ‘memory lane.’ If you have any old print photos, now’s the time to get them scanned, digitized, and ready to scroll!
Family Reunion Tips:
We saw these wonderful questions by RootsTech to engage and help identify your family history. Provided by Maegan Kasteler:
This list of RootsTech questions should be thought provoking and open-ended. Be cautious, however, that you don’t get too attached to your questions. Let the conversation ebb and flow as naturally as possible.
To give you a jumpstart compiling your own list of questions, here is our curated list of suggested questions:
- What do you know about the day you were born?
- What was it like living where you grew up?
- What weekly rituals or traditions did your family have?
- What chores, if any, did you have around the home growing up?
- What was your schooling like?
- What would you and your friends do to have fun?
- What was dating like when you were young?
- What was it like living (where your relative lived) during (historic events, such as war, 9/11/2001, a specific political event, a natural disaster, and so on)?
- How did your family resolve familial conflicts?
- Were you ever involved in any accidents? What happened?
- Where was your first job, and what did you do?
- What were your hobbies? Is there anything you picked up when you were young that you still enjoy today?
- Did your family have any pets? What kind? How many? What were their names?
- How and when did you meet your significant other?
- What was your wedding day like?
- Do you remember any weird or crazy or wonderful gifts you received at your wedding?
- When did you know you wanted to have kids?
- How did you find out from or tell your significant other that you were going to be parents?
- What was early married life like? What struggles did you face?
- Have you been on any memorable vacations? Where did you go? What made them so memorable?
Most Popular Posts
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photofunia.com and Photo505.com are Two Recommended Services to Create More Ways to Share Your Photos
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning