Digital Imaging Reporter is the ONLY print trade magazine in the imaging industry, reaching over 15,000 retailers, mass merchants, Internet buyers, distributors and key executives at every major manufacturer, and it truly remains “Focused on the Business of Imaging.”
This “Last Word” commentary by ScanMyPhotos.com CEO, Mitch Goldstone discusses the state of photo scanning and some challenges to be on the lookout for.
Excerpt: We all went through a typhoon-like ordeal when film transitioned to digital. Creativity and reinvention revitalized the photography industry and spared many. Every photographer and everyone with decades of still-analog snapshots understands the effects from today’s all-digital world. It is not a pretty picture.
The race to digitize is on. Yet, along the way there were missteps. Navigating the learning curve was a long road with many obstacles. The good news is the business of photography boasts so many new players, products and services. Just look each January at Las Vegas. CES – The Global Stage for Innovation bustles with beyond-imaginative new ways to celebrate photography. Thanks also to online photo-sharing sites and social media platforms, the luster of the golden age of pictures never sparkled brighter.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Raving on the FedEx “Memories” Commercial
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com. The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- 8 Ways to Fix Water Damaged Photos – Don’t Panic!
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE