When selecting a service to preserve one of your most precious possessions – photos of important memories and family history – do your research. Earlier this year, TOP TEN REVIEWS took on the challenge for you. As explained in the review:
[TOP TEN REVIEWS] knows that handing your treasured family memories over to someone else can be tough, especially if you don’t know who you can trust among the dozens of photo scanning services that pop up when you start your search.
Our team of insatiably curious and infallibly
helpful digital service evaluators performed over 20 hours of research into several photo scanning services. Our goal was to find only the best, most reliable options for digitizing your photos, slides, and negatives to make it as easy as possible for you to choose between them to find the right fit. We judged these services as carefully as we would have if we were going to use them for our own photos or recommend their services to our favorite aunts.
TOP TEN REVIEWS “spent over 20 hours sorting through the dozens of photo scanning services” to determine the best option for preserving, chronicling and organizing your prints, slides, and negatives into digital files without damaging the originals. Scan My Photos took the prize for best turnaround time. The results of their evaluation reads:
You can even set up an in-person appointment at to their Irvine, California, scanning facility – if you’re local. ScanMyPhotos’ super speed does come with a few inconveniences, however. You have to invest some time cleaning and organizing your photos before sending them, as the company has pretty strict rules regarding what it will and won’t scan.
- Fastest service with one-day scan option
- Bulk scanning available
- Offers restoration and video conversion services
- Different types of media must be scanned in separate orders
- Minimum fees for pay per scan option
- Strict sending and packaging guidelines
Here at ScanMyPhotos, we appreciate a fair, balanced review, and hope it helps you choose our service for your next photo project.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning 50%* Off Flash Sale
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Why Not to Upload Pictures to Facebook
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- 7 Of The Best Scrapbooking Blogs To Follow
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE