Hurricane Harvey leaves Houston and the coastal Texas cities under water. As the cities braced themselves for the brunt of a category 4 hurricane, no one would have predicted that inland Texas counties would have experienced the worst of Hurricane Harvey. The death toll and devastating destruction is staggering.
The areas around Houston are covered in flood waters—a disaster few were prepared for. Please were in shock and so much was ruined.
The trouble was a result of the mix of wind damage and a low saturation water tables.
Of course, this news hits us hard here at ScanMyPhotos. Unfortunately, the very nature of natural disasters is highly unpredictable—damage can happen at any place and at any time. Whether from wildfires, earthquakes or severe storms, there are no ways to predict the lasting damaging that reels families for years beyond. Or, what about the tornadoes which touched down and tear apart roofs on homes? These freak incidents can and do happen.
This is why we take National Preparedness Month extremely seriously around here, and why we are year-round sharing tips on how to prepare for anything. The following articles provide information on how you can prepare for disaster today:
This page explains what actions to take when you receive a hurricane watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service for your local area. It also provides tips on what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
And, be sure to visit the following pages for resources and information:
Let’s all take this time to prepare for the worst so that when the next natural disaster strikes, we can all hope for the best.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- WARNING: What’s Wrong with Facebook’s Cryptocurrency? EVERYTHING
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- How to Put Together a 50th Wedding Anniversary Photo Book
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video