ScanMyPhotos.com was profiled in The New York Times “Entrepreneur” column written by Constance Gustke. Click here to read the February 22, 2017 article. We were inspired by the story shared by Nicole Morgenthau, owner of Finch Knitting and Sewing Studio in Leesburg, VA.
EXCERPT: Outspoken on Issues
Some online businesses have been fully prepared to court controversy, regardless of the effect on sales. Mitch Goldstone, co-founder of ScanMyPhotos, an e-commerce company that digitizes family photos, has always taken strong political stances, unafraid of how it could affect his 26-year-old business based in Irvine, Calif. He even appeared on CNN in 2015, after Mr. Trump declared his candidacy, to explain why he was opposed to him. These actions resulted in hundreds of angry phone calls for a few days, he said. Still, Mr. Goldstone did not back down from his outspokenness. He offered to scan photos free for all customers for one month if Mr. Trump won the general election. Mr. Goldstone kept his word. And ScanMyPhotos has now scanned thousands of photos, he said, and won over some Trump supporters as paying customers. “You have to speak up and have a voice,” said Mr. Goldstone, whose business employs 20 people. “I’m trying to demonstrate the value of integrity. And I need to keep my word.” Mr. Goldstone also benefits from a huge market. His company has digitized 300 million photos so far, he figures, but 3.5 trillion photos in the country are still in paper form.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photofunia.com and Photo505.com are Two Recommended Services to Create More Ways to Share Your Photos
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- What You Need to Know About Restoring Ripped Photos
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning