Rather than ‘touching glass’ all day to read about the devastation and financial toll from the coronavirus. Once it is safe to travel, it is essential to get back on airplanes, cruise ships. To help the reeling nation recover by supporting the vulnerable travel industry and all its employees.
I just read that American Airlines is cutting 19,000 jobs when federal aid expires in October. The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has triggered an unimaginable drop in air travel.
Lessons from a prior national calamity. As a native New Yorker, like every American, I wanted to do something to support the City rebuild after 9/11.
Along with my business partner, Carl Berman, we spent two months organizing a national campaign to get people to New York City for November 11, 2001, two months after the attacks. Our group was founded in Irvine, CA, and called: “EPICC: Economic Patriotism Irvine and Coast to Coast.”
There were risks for the unknown. Could there be another attack? When outside the New York Stock Exchange, there actually was a near threat from another attack.
As the nation and world are under a medical attack from the coronavirus, we are again faced with a challenge.
From airlines to cruise ships, we are all impacted. After all public concerts, conventions, and large gatherings were canceled the economy was hit hard. An example is January’s giant tech tradeshow, CES, which will be virtual this year. Think of the economic damage to exhibitors, the city of Las Vegas, and airlines?.
As an act of economic patriotism, we will be scheduling flights to cities most affected, to support them and spend money, once there is an all-clear to support communities. If you have the resources, please consider how you can also help.
Follow along for updates.
Mitch Goldstone, CEO, ScanMyPhotos.com
We have a large archive of photographs and news profiles from the November 11, 2001 [Veteran’s Day] campaign to support New York’s recovery. The below are a sampling from the ScanMyPhotos.com library and all images copyright protected.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Thanksgiving 2020 Is Canceled, According to Family Historians Polled by ScanMyPhotos.com
- Photofunia.com and Photo505.com are Two Recommended Services to Create More Ways to Share Your Photos
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Save 50% on Digitizing Your Pictures
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- How to save 50% on digitizing photo snapshots