We are very fortunate to have met MemoryWeb. Their photo app company is quickly becoming among the top sites for creating metadata to identify your pictures to find, upload, tag, and easily sort.
Once your photos are in the MemoryWeb app, you can edit tags or add new ones easily. This is especially helpful for anyone with scanned photos, which will have the wrong date and often no other tags.
Reprint. Written by Chris and Nancy — MemoryWeb
Just recently, I got a suitcase full of old family photos and mementos from an aunt who lives half a country away. It was stuffed into multiple shoe boxes containing photo albums, loose photos, negatives, and random things like news clippings, theater tickets, recipes and more. The “more” being a few well-preserved spiders.
Having volunteered to scan these for the extended family, I quickly saw this could be a sizable project. However, since many of the items were from multiple generations back, I also realized this stuff was pretty important to protect and share with my relatives.
I’ve done this type of project for more than one shoe box and for more than one side of the family. Along the way, I’ve picked up a few tips to make scanning, organizing and sharing historical family mementos much easier and less costly than you’d think.
Part 1, below, is about how to streamline the process to digitize the shoebox.
Part 2 is about how to use MemoryWeb to simplify and automate as much of the organization of your newly-scanned digital files as possible.
Part 3 gives tips and answers common questions/concerns about sharing photos with other people.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- How to Save 50% to Digitize Your Pictures
- ScanMyPhotos Is Open For Online Photo Ordering and Fulfillment
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Stuck at Home? More ‘Bust the Boredom’ Projects
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Legacybox® and Southtree® vs ScanMyPhotos®: The Photo Scanning “Review”