Question: How to Memorialize Ten Years Since The New York Times’ Profile Putting Photo Scanning on the Map? Answer: Give You a 50%* Discount to Inspire You to Safeguard Your Lifetime of Pictures
Save 50%* To Professionally Digitize Your Lifetime Of Pictures Due To The New York Times’ Photo Scanning Review
Why ScanMyPhotos.com designed this unique discount* to scan your pictures: Ten years ago David Pogue wrote “Your Photos, Off the Shelf at Last” in The New York Times (August 14, 2008) and helped put the world of bulk photo scanning on the map.
While commemorating the tenth anniversary is traditionally celebrated with gifts of tin or aluminum, we are breaking with tradition. A metal alloy just doesn’t make sense for what happened on August 14, 2008, when the nation’s most admired tech columnist, David Pogue put us on the map.
Back then, the personal-technology columnist profiled ScanMyPhotos.com for his popular New York Times “State of the Art” column to identify the urgency to digitize pictures. Subsequently, it led to last month’s milestone as we digitizing our 600 millionth picture.
Background on David Pogue: the same year (1985) our CEO, Mitch Goldstone graduated from the University of Southern California’s School of Business and Entrepreneurship Program, Mr. Pogue graduated summa cum laude from Yale, with distinction in Music. His next ten years conducting and arranging Broadway musicals lead to winning four Emmy awards, two Webby awards, a Loeb award for journalism, and an honorary doctorate in music. His resume is legendary. This 2015 example of his songwriting, singing and dancing in “CES The Musical,” is among our favorites.
Beyond his role as tech critic for Yahoo Finance, you can read David’s monthly columns in Scientific American and watch his science shows on PBS’s “NOVA.” He’s been a correspondent for “CBS Sunday Morning” since 2002. And, spoiler alert, he is also the brains behind the Techno Claus beard. As a best selling author, we would need a supercomputer to tally all the tech tomes he’s written which are available at Amazon of which he’s sold more than 3 million copies.
Much has changed since that article. Last year, one billion pictures were destroyed by flooding in Texas. The advent of photo-sharing and storage apps created a safe home to preserve those pictures. The smartphone happened, yet missing were all those photo albums and shoeboxes of analog pictures not yet digitized. There are still about 3 1/2 trillion analog snapshots to digitize.
Better than cake, to help celebrate this ten-year anniversary, ScanMyPhotos.com created this unique discount towards our most popular photo scanning service.
To instantly save 50% on fill-the-box photo scanning, with free 3-way delivery and same day scanning, enter “POGUE10” as the promo code at checkout. Under “special instructions” at checkout, type “free same day scanning,” and your order will be digitized and prepared for return the same day it is received. Just spend over $199 to activate the discount (example, your final cost is just $99.50)
Many popular add-on featured services are also available at our regular, already low prices to enhance your experience.
Details and to order…
- When your original order exceeds $199, you will save 50 percent
- Free 3-way S/H
The Fine Print:
- $199 MINIMUM PURCHASE TO ACCESS THE DISCOUNT
- When you order $199 or more online of our most popular service, prepaid fill-the-box photo scanning, you instantly save 50% on the next 50 orders
- Only applies to prepaid fill-the-box photo scanning services, but not valid towards add-on services, 35mm slides, negative scanning, film, VHS digitization, VIP Photo Pack, Family Generation Collection, Pay-Per-Scan Photo services, or anything else including not valid towards eGift certificates, prior orders, applicable sales tax
- Not prorated. Discount only applies when your original order exceeds $199, if your original order is under $199, sorry, no discount applies
- Example, if you spend $400, you only pay $200 at checkout
- Online orders only
- Certain restrictions may apply, may be canceled without notice, not including applicable sales tax
- AT CHECKOUT YOU MUST USE PROMO CODE: “POGUE10″
- Excluding applicable sales tax. Void where prohibited
- Not prorated. Sorry, cannot be applied to prior orders, discounts, or if you did not enter the promo code at the time your order was placed. No exceptions
- Certain restrictions may apply–if the discount wasn’t applied it means we already reached our limit of 50 orders. Please hurry, as we don’t want you to miss out
All photo preparation requirements must be followed
CLICK HERE TO ORDER
Editors note: while we’re raving David Pogue fans, this announcement has not been authorized by Mr. Pogue or The New York Times. It’s just our #HumbleBrag 10th-anniversary gift for you
BONUS: behind-the-scene magic revealed as ScanMyPhotos professionally digitized 600 million pictures this fast
“Data Rot” — David Pogue on the problems of preservation in the digital era as reported on CBS Sunday Morning.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- 7 Of The Best Scrapbooking Blogs To Follow
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*