One of the world’s largest international photo contests celebrates its 50th anniversary
Nikon Corporation announces its 37th Nikon Photo Contest. Held since 1969, the Nikon Photo Contest is a premier international photo contest that provides an opportunity for photographers around the world to communicate and to enrich photographic culture for professionals and amateurs alike.
It has been almost 50 years since the first Contest was held in 1969, and over its long history, photographers from around the world have participated and shown their support for it. To date, more than 410,000 photographers have submitted over 1.62 million photographic works to the Contest.
A total of 21,511 photographers from 170 countries and regions submitted 76,356 works to the previous (36th) Contest, marking a new record in terms of the number of countries and regions from which entries were submitted.
Read success stories about the winners of the previous Contest, and view past award-winning works at this website.
[content via Nikon]
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com, Photo Scanning Review
- Facebook Didn’t Fix It’s Data Breaches, So We Are