One of the world’s largest international photo contests celebrates its 50th anniversary
Nikon Corporation announces its 37th Nikon Photo Contest. Held since 1969, the Nikon Photo Contest is a premier international photo contest that provides an opportunity for photographers around the world to communicate and to enrich photographic culture for professionals and amateurs alike.
It has been almost 50 years since the first Contest was held in 1969, and over its long history, photographers from around the world have participated and shown their support for it. To date, more than 410,000 photographers have submitted over 1.62 million photographic works to the Contest.
A total of 21,511 photographers from 170 countries and regions submitted 76,356 works to the previous (36th) Contest, marking a new record in terms of the number of countries and regions from which entries were submitted.
Read success stories about the winners of the previous Contest, and view past award-winning works at this website.
[content via Nikon]
Most Popular Posts
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*
- Legacybox® and Southtree® vs ScanMyPhotos®: The Photo Scanning “Review”