For some reason, I felt a urgency to convert many of our photos to disks. I worried about preserving them. Twice I sent a box of photos to you and felt great relief loading them onto my computer. The morning of November 12, 2012 I awoke to the unimaginable- our house was on fire! We managed to make it outside with just the clothes on our back.
As the flames rolled through the roof I knew we were losing everything. Thoughts of family heirlooms disappearing and our family photos burning and the loss of those felt vnbearable. I realized that just inside the front door was my laptop and on it were hundreds of our favorite treasured pictures! I opened the door, reached in for the laptop and yanked it out of the wall it was charging in. That was the only item I saved that day.
Now, as we slowly rebuild our house and our lives I know a precious part of our past remains because of the service you provide!
I never would have thought our new house would catch fire. Now we look forward to the future, but thanks to your company we still have our connection to the past. You’ve made a difference in our lives.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Consider the following statistics from National Fire Protection Agency:
- In 2011, U.S. fire departments responded to 370,000 home structure1 fires.1
- These fires caused 13,910 civilian injuries, 2,520 civilian deaths, $6.9 billion in direct damage.1
- One home structure fire was reported every 85 seconds.2
Please DO NOT WAIT. Scan your photos, negatives, and slides today. Don’t forget those old home movies, too. As Pat said, by scanning their family photos, “we still have our connection to the past” and that is what photos represent, a connection to family history for present and future generations.
Recommended Links for more information
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Raving on the FedEx “Memories” Commercial
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- 7 Of The Best Scrapbooking Blogs To Follow
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com. The Photo Scanning “Review”
- How to Digitize APS Film For $7.95