Organizing boxes of old snapshots is a daunting task. That must explain why so many of my snapshots have remained tucked away in one of our closets. It’s been about five years since I have worked on this project, and now, I am ready to work on it again and finish it up. Of course, with technology, the waiting game seems to have paid off. The cost of hard drive space keeps going down, and there are a lot of great options for cheap online storage like Google Photos, Apple’s iCloud, Dropbox and Amazon.
The easiest part of the equation was organizing and packing up a box of photos for a return trip to ScanMyPhotos in Irvine. Their basic package costs $149 and includes scanning approximately 1,800 photos, which includes return shipping. It’s a simple and quick process.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Why Keepy is the #1 Best App to Preserve and Share Family Memories
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- What Is and How to Participate in #ArchivesMonth?