When it comes to photos, Julie Ann Williams is a typical Millenial. She snaps photos with her smartphone and stores them in the cloud. But, she is old enough to also have plenty of printed photos, some from high school and some from college – and of course she needed photo scanning for those.
“I had all these boxes of photos lying around, and I thought it would be so great to get rid of them and have them digitally,” she told me. “It was a lot work to scan them myself, so I bought a Groupon for ScanMyPhotos.”
Yes, she said “get rid of them” – she’s a Millenial, remember?
Unfortunately, Julie Ann ran into a few issues when she sent her box in – but that also meant she got to experience ScanMyPhotos’ stellar customer service.
“I actually had the original box I sent returned without it getting to them. I am not sure what happened, but I emailed them right away and got a response right away. It was so nice to work with people who are so responsive and helpful. It was easy – that was the best thing about working with them.
“When the box got returned, the Groupon had expired, and they were so nice. They just said, put this email in the box and we’ll honor the Groupon. Things are so automated now, but it felt like I was working with real people – and that was really great and a rare treat.”
Because she did a lot of traveling thanks to study abroad programs in high school and early in college, her photos were full of people she had forgotten about. As she ran across their photos, she’d look them up on Facebook and reconnect – or just send a quick note to say hi.
Now that her photos are digitized, she is going to do the same thing most of us do: make photo books. And work on keeping her digital photos organized on her computer!
Got a story to share? Send us yours! You can email us at email@example.com!
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Raving on the FedEx “Memories” Commercial
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com. The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- 8 Ways to Fix Water Damaged Photos – Don’t Panic!