Using Technology to Teach Kids Science
When you were in Elementary School, did you capture footage of Earth thousands of miles away in space using a video camera? Most people probably have not! But these curious students at Wonderland Elementary School in Southern California did just that. The class created a device with six GoPro cameras attached to a weather balloon which they launched into the atmosphere. The cameras captured spectacular footage of the entire ride starting from La Canada High School in Apple Valley to outer space and then a quick descent back to Earth.
Even more amazing is the contraption seems to have stayed intact despite a very fast plummet back to Earth after the high altitude weather balloon popped and the parachute failed. Watch the short video (less than 4 minutes long) showing amazing 3D footage of Apple Valley landscape, Southern California, and the entire Earth:
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Raving on the FedEx “Memories” Commercial
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com. The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*
- 8 Ways to Fix Water Damaged Photos – Don’t Panic!