Using Technology to Teach Kids Science
When you were in Elementary School, did you capture footage of Earth thousands of miles away in space using a video camera? Most people probably have not! But these curious students at Wonderland Elementary School in Southern California did just that. The class created a device with six GoPro cameras attached to a weather balloon which they launched into the atmosphere. The cameras captured spectacular footage of the entire ride starting from La Canada High School in Apple Valley to outer space and then a quick descent back to Earth.
Even more amazing is the contraption seems to have stayed intact despite a very fast plummet back to Earth after the high altitude weather balloon popped and the parachute failed. Watch the short video (less than 4 minutes long) showing amazing 3D footage of Apple Valley landscape, Southern California, and the entire Earth:
Most Popular Posts
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Flash Sale: SAVE 50%* TO SCAN YOUR PHOTOS