Using Technology to Teach Kids Science
When you were in Elementary School, did you capture footage of Earth thousands of miles away in space using a video camera? Most people probably have not! But these curious students at Wonderland Elementary School in Southern California did just that. The class created a device with six GoPro cameras attached to a weather balloon which they launched into the atmosphere. The cameras captured spectacular footage of the entire ride starting from La Canada High School in Apple Valley to outer space and then a quick descent back to Earth.
Even more amazing is the contraption seems to have stayed intact despite a very fast plummet back to Earth after the high altitude weather balloon popped and the parachute failed. Watch the short video (less than 4 minutes long) showing amazing 3D footage of Apple Valley landscape, Southern California, and the entire Earth:
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Why Keepy is the #1 Best App to Preserve and Share Family Memories
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- In The News: Top ScanMyPhotos Profiles and Reviews