THE BEST OF LA 2009
Overview of The Best of LA: Reporting for Best of L.A. involves lurking and surreptitious note taking. It requires undercover visits to spas and bars, blind tasting carrot cakes from 15 bakeries, and investigating fishing holes. For the past few months we (34 reporters in all) roamed the city—sampling, questioning, comparing, debating. The results are in: We have determined the best cheese plate, children’s theater, ethnic vegan restaurant, and beach for novice surfers. We discovered that best doesn’t always mean most expensive. Accolades this year go to a cheap brow job, a Laundromat, a tuna melt, and jewelry under $300. So kick back and enjoy the fruits of our fun labors.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Raving on the FedEx “Memories” Commercial
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos.com. The Photo Scanning “Review”
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Instructions For “Pay Per Photo” and “One Cent” Photo Scanning
- Same-Day* Photo Scanning Package at 300 dpi Now $70