THE BEST OF LA 2009
Overview of The Best of LA: Reporting for Best of L.A. involves lurking and surreptitious note taking. It requires undercover visits to spas and bars, blind tasting carrot cakes from 15 bakeries, and investigating fishing holes. For the past few months we (34 reporters in all) roamed the city—sampling, questioning, comparing, debating. The results are in: We have determined the best cheese plate, children’s theater, ethnic vegan restaurant, and beach for novice surfers. We discovered that best doesn’t always mean most expensive. Accolades this year go to a cheap brow job, a Laundromat, a tuna melt, and jewelry under $300. So kick back and enjoy the fruits of our fun labors.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- How to Digitize APS Film For $7.95
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- Why Not Upload Pictures To Facebook