While recently scanning more old photos and albums, I ran across this little gem of a photo that I instantly loved. Me & mom cuddled up. Christmas decorations out. Hideous old orange curtains. Matching red nightgowns. Polaroid photo laying around. Box fan to keep cool- even in winter.
Camera in my hand.
I also recently dug out all my APS photos– which were circa mid-high school days though college. I would love to have those digitally and be able to share them and write about the stories behind many of them. Last week, I sent 58 rolls of APS film to Scan My Photos to turn them into digital files I can share with everybody. They offered a great deal for $5/roll plus free return shipping. Can’t beat that price for priceless memories 😉
I received all my photos back in less than 2 weeks- all photos burned to a disk and scanned at high resolution. They even included a little note explaining why they couldn’t scan 3 of the rolls. I’ll be spending the next few weeks strolling down memory lane and hopefully sharing some fun, old photos from days gone by.
Labels: flashback, photography
Hey thanks for the link to Scan Photos. I’ve got a big box full of APS from my old Canon Elph camera along with some 35mm stuff. What a great idea.
July 2, 2008 6:37 AM
Dennis the Vizsla said…
This post has been removed by the author.
July 2, 2008 8:44 AM
Dennis the Vizsla said…
I’m doing the same project, but all of my old pictures are 35mm prints and goodness knows where the negatives are. So my scanner is going to be busy for a while!
July 2, 2008 8:45 AM
Thank thank you for this post! My husband has tons of APS from his camera he’s been wanting to do like this. We thought it would super expensive. Yay!
July 2, 2008 9:47 AM
Thank you so much for this post! We definitely need to have our rolls of film scanned. Do you know if they do 8 mm?
July 2, 2008 10:57 PM
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How to save 30% on digitizing photo snapshots
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- 4 Online Vintage Photo Archives You Need to Check Out
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- News and Reviews on Photo Scanning Service, ScanMyPhotos.com