Joshua and Ryan at The Minimalists share how to unclutter old photo snapshots. “You can send your photos off somewhere… The one I have gotten feedback on, I have never used it myself is ScanMyPhotos.com. I reviewed their website and Forbes also did a writeup on them as well. They have really good customer service, They are California-based. You can send your photo to them and they will send it all back to you.”
Link to the Forbes stories profiling ScanMyPhotos.com:
Watch: How do we appropriately curate scanned photos so we’re not trading physical clutter for digital clutter?
Watch the full episode (ScanMYPhotos.com mention starts at minute 17).
Excerpt: In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about the mental, emotional, digital, and other clutter that reveals itself after we minimize our stuff, and they answer the following questions:
When are how-to’s helpful?
How do we appropriately curate scanned photos so we’re not trading physical clutter for digital clutter?
What advice do you have for young people who are embarking on their minimalist journeys so they have solid practices in place to prevent clutter?
What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
How do we appropriately curate our many digital subscriptions and still satisfy ourselves since each service has programs exclusive to its platform?
[Just how quickly are pictures professionally digitized at ScanMyPhotos.com? This fast — 1,000 pictures digitized in under 5 minutes.]
Learn more from The Minimalists website:
Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus help over 20 million people live meaningful lives with less through their website, books, podcast, and Netflix films. The Minimalists have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, Forbes, TIME, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BBC, and NPR.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Eat”
- Article: Best Photo-Scanning Services 2021
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Love People Use Things
- Book: Minimalist Rulebook
- Book: The Way to Love
- Decluttering: Liz
- Decluttering: TheSevenT6
- Essay: How to Let Go of Possessions
- Essay: How to Understand Your Values
- Essay: Photo-Scanning Party
- Essay: Play the 30-Day Minimalism Game
- Essay: What Is Clutter?
- Instagram: Minimal Wellness
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Randi Kay
- Podcast: The Simple Self-Care Podcast
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Watch: Less Is Now
- Website: 1DollarScan
- Website: ScanMyPhotos
- YouTube: The Minimalists
BONUS: Sign up here for instant discounts and news updates from ScanMyPhotos.com
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Why this is the final photo scanning super-deal of 2021
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How to Digitize APS Film For $7.95
- What You Need to Know About Restoring Ripped Photos