Welcome to ScanMyPhotos. We share news, tips, commentary and loads of other very topical information here and on Twitter. Each day we post more than 50 times. Click to see why so many are following and engaging with us on Twitter. ScanMyPhotos is open with uninterrupted service for all online ordering only
19 Stuck At Home activities designed to bust the boredom. Millions of people are now at home and looking for activities beyond hours of watching Netflix, television and streaming programs.
When the Associated Press filed this report, “What Now? Facing Life Without the Entertainment World,” and mentioned our photo scanning service to help many complete long-overlooked projects we got an idea. If you are stuck at home, what are other tasks and projects to keep busy?
We are compiling and adding to this list of projects and activities if you are #WFH (working from home), #SFH (studying from home), or just stuck at home to remedy cabin fever. Join in as we are seeking your input for other ideas.
For everyone at home, rather than just watching Netflix, spend time with your family. Uncover all your decades of nostalgic snapshots and view your own pictures after ScanMyPhotos.com digitizes all. To help, we added one-cent photo scanning (10,000 pictures digitized this fast) for as low as $100, same-day scanning, and instant uploading add-ons to quickly view your memories as soon as it is scanned.
We are also working to lessen the burden on the U.S. Postal Service and other delivery carriers. We highly recommend you select instant uploading so your pictures are returned online once digitized. We will mail your photos back afterward, once it is safe to do so.
For families stuck at home, this photo archivist project should also be shared with distant relatives and friends to laugh, get emotional — celebrate your history as a distraction from the news. At ScanMyPhotos.com, 78% of all online photo scanning orders are now due to families stuck at home yearning to complete long procrastinated projects.
19 fun projects to pass the time if you are stuck at home due to the Coronavirus
- Get artsy and paint a family portrait.
- Call your parents and relatives to catch up and check-in.
- Reach out to seniors and grandparents, Do not forget about them! Here is a fun, easy to do activity as we are stuck at home. Gather your photographs, have them scanned, get on “Zoom” to narrate the stories of your life with your family. Host daily “cyber” dinner parties with your entire family (and friends far away). Watch this video to install Zoom and everyone invited. This virtual party s simple to produce. Remember the Edward R. Murrow “See It Now” documentary series broadcast by CBS from 1951 to 1958? With Zoom web conferencing, your family can each host a “See it Now” evening activity. Use your camera and Zoom app to go on an adventure. Show off the nostalgia in your home and explain each moment and memory. What background are you using for Zoom #StayAtHome meetings? Try this. Display the thousands of photos we digitized for you as a slideshow in the background on your TV. Show off all your nostalgia during today’s family #Zoom get-together.
- Go low-tech. Break out board games and host a tournament.
- Take a virtual online tour of local and international museums.
- Gather all your decades-past photo albums and shoeboxes of family snapshots to digitize and share. Have everyone narrate and write a blurb about the stories behind those memorable pictures.
- Have everyone surf and share their favorite TikTok short-form mobile videos and YouTubes.
- Unpack the fine china and create an in-home dinner party. Get the whole family involved. Design menus and all the trapping from a fine- dining experience to prepare unusual appetizers, ethnic entrée meals and bake a cake for dessert.
- For the young ones, open up the Arts & Crafts draw. Grab crayons, glitter, scissors, and paint with them.
- Destress with an in-home workout. Check out do-it-yourself home exercise routines on YouTube
- Have a fancy picnic in your living room by supporting local restaurants and use their online take-out ordering service.
- Order online books and find a new podcast series to pass the time. And because you may have a bookshelf, what were you storing those for anyway? Crack open an old book to read.
- Go online. Take a hard pass from Amazon to buy local and support your neighbors. TIP BIG!
- Revisit old handwritten letters and yearbooks.
- Clean out your freezer and refrigerator from all those way-post-expiration items (what were those anyway?
- Engage in long procrastinated home organizing and uncluttering projects. Start slow with one cabinet or room at a time.
- Host a family indoor “camp out” with board games, and s’mores. Have everyone select a spooky story from surfing online.
- Clean out your garage and closets and donate to local charities
- Organize and discard all that old technology and those long-obsolete cords from your appliance cabinet.
- Share your at-home project and post to our support operators to add
- ScanMyPhotos is open with uninterrupted service for all online ordering only. CLICK TO ORDER
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- ScanMyPhotos Is Open For Online Photo Ordering and Fulfillment
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- 7 Of The Best Scrapbooking Blogs To Follow