“The Best News of the Year ScanMyPhotos Award” goes to the Randle Highlands Elementary School in Washington, D.C, Ellen DeGeneres and First Lady, Michelle Obama
The definition of philanthropy and kindness. While we review hundreds of collective news stories and stockpile the best to vote on. This year’s winner came in with just hours to spare. Our second place Best News winner was today’s “Time magazine Person of the Year” recognition to 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg. The soft-spoken Swedish teenager became a global conscience for climate change and environmental activism has been named Time magazine’s Person of the Year for 2019.
You won’t believe what Michelle Obama (and Tim Cook at Apple) gifted this deserving school! According to WUSA9: “There’s an elementary school in Southeast, D.C. that’s entire student body is economically disadvantaged. Sixty-five percent of the student population is either in foster care or is homeless.”
MacRumors: “Apple, talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, and former first lady Michelle Obama have teamed up to donate Macs and iPads to Randle Highlands Elementary School in Washington, D.C., a school with a high percentage of low-income students.”
ENews: “Picture it: You’re in school, there are cameras there for some reason, and then Michelle Obama comes over the loudspeaker to tell you she has a surprise for you. But, she wants you to “walk quietly,” not run, to find her. What do you do? Well, if you’re the young schoolchildren in the above sneak peek, you listen to the former first lady.”
“It’s hard to tell who’s more excited to see Obama, the students or the teachers. “Now, I bet you guys are wondering what I am doing here, aren’t you? Are you wondering that?” Obama says in the exclusive preview. “Well, you guys know Ellen DeGeneres, don’t you? Yeah, she’s a funny lady on TV who always cheats at push-ups and trust me, she is a nightmare to go shopping with. Anyway, what you guys don’t know is I’m here because it’s Ellen’s Greatest Night of Giveaways.””
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Why Not Upload Pictures To Facebook
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Legacybox® and Southtree® vs ScanMyPhotos®: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video