Advanced Photo System (APS) is a discontinued film format for still photography that began production in 1996 as a one-off gateway to digital photography.
It was marketed by a consortium of photography companies, including Eastman Kodak under the brand name Advantix, FujiFilm as Nexia, Agfa under the name Futura and by Konica as Centuria. The problem is there are hundreds of millions of these still-analog cartridges fading away. Most people have no way to view those memories. One APS distinction was its ability to record information other than the image, including its barcode for easier identification.
1998 commercial for Kodak Advantix system. Jim Gaffigan shows off the various features of the Advantix system which was Kodak’s branding of APS. APS’ advantages included drop-in loading and multiple image shapes including panoramic, which was experiencing a jump in popularity at the time.
Before reading this report. An update. ScanMyPhotos.com professionally digitizes all your photos this fast.
While we have scanned six hundred million images, it is news stories like these that made us so popular, but no order is more precious or important than yours. We are here to help. For loads of photo tips, news updates, and crazy-discounted deals, sign up to receive free updates.
BONUS: Sign up here for instant discounts and news updates from ScanMyPhotos.com
Now, for just $7.95 you easily get 15, 25, or 40 exposure APS film cartridges professionally digitize from the experts in photo digitizing, ScanMyPhotos.com
Though APS was a type of film used only for a short time, the images captured on those negatives might be some of your family’s favorites. Preserve them with scanning!
Take advantage of this easy way with pay one price –regardless of exposure count (15, 25, or 40 exposure). When ordering, choose 2,000 dpi JPEG scans for just $7.95 per roll or 4,000 dpi for $12.95 per roll.
Your negatives will be individually hand-scanned onsite at our corporate headquarters in Irvine, California, and handled with the greatest of care by trained professionals to ensure the highest quality digital format. CLICK TO ORDER
- Orders include 1 DVD data disc with your scanned images (2,000 dpi, True Color, 24-bit JPEG)
- Digital ICE is only available for color negatives
- 1-business day scanning available.
- All APS cartridges are also returned to you.
Most Popular Posts
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- HOLIDAY BONUS: SAVE 50%* TO SCAN YOUR PHOTOS
- Why Photo Scanning is now 50% off at ScanMyPhotos
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos