ScanMyPhotos.com has the top five places spotted in nearly 15 million scanned family vacation snapshots.
14,450,240: that’s how many prints the site ScanMyPhotos.com digitized in the fourth quarter of 2015. While printed photos hold their own allure, many individuals are turning to services like ScanMyPhotos.com to ensure their memories last forever. But this year, the service noticed an interesting trend: nearly seven out of ten of those photos were travel related, says CEO Mitch Goldstone. Those over nine million travel scans made up for more photos than family snapshots, holiday photos and special occasion images. The company itself has been around for over two decades and scanned more than 300 million pictures for photo enthusiasts around the world, sending users a flat rate box to fill with photos to be digitized and returned for $145.
This year, taking in all of the photos the company had scanned in at the end of 2015, ScanMyPhotos.com uncovered the most photogenic and photographed spots around the nation. The most popular destination? Disney resorts, which showed up in 28.4 percent of travel snapshots. The iconic Magic Castle featured in most photos, followed by the big man mouse himself, Mickey. Runner-ups for most popular locale included Las Vegas, which featured in 27.9 percent of photos (a whopping 1.05 million images) and New York City (12.2 percent). Rounding out the top five picks throughout the ages were particularly patriotic destinations. Coming in fourth were national parks, from Yellowstone to the Statue of Liberty, and Washington, D.C. followed closely behind.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS Is The Best Photo Storage Service
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- Why Photo Scanning is now 50% off at ScanMyPhotos