OK, I’m inspired to test Scan My Photos with an experimental batch – tired of having them take up so much space in my closet – love the idea of saving to an external hard drive and sending that to a far off relative for additional safekeeping. With the seasonal flood/hurricane threats in Florida, this makes so much sense. I’ll be brave and go first – so I can then share my success with my clients.
Great story! Thank you for your excellent spotlight on a service that everyone can benefit from. As a professional organizer, I love this service and recommend it to my clients. Fabulous piece! Stellar reporting!
VisionsOrganizing – @VisionsOrganizing
Took 7000 photos across from U.K. to have them scanned here. Brilliant! They are all online on smugmug now… Pity there is no service quite like it in the U.K.
I have used the services of ScanMyPhotos and have been absolutely delighted. The scans were clear, easily usable, and gave me tremendous piece-of-mind, knowing the images were archived. I have them backed up to a cloud storage service, just in case. Thanks for running this story!
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?