With twenty thousand new consumer products and gadgets scheduled to be introduced during the International Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas, the big news next week will be tablets, tablets, tables.
This is the twentieth year that ScanMyPhotos.com executives will be attending CES and perhaps it will be the most exciting yet. Back in 1990 there were two annual shows, the winter CES took place in Las Vegas and the summer event was in Chicago. The hot gadget was…. Game Boy!
ScanMyPhotos.com has been invited to provide live blogging and Tweeting from the NBC pavilion and we will provide updates on the hottest “new-new” products throughout the show.
This will be the year of photography and the launch of new products and services to link pictures with digital devices, like Apple’s iPad and electronic picture frames. ScanMyPhotos.com is introducing new photo digitization services, including a prepaid fill-the-box 35mm slide scanning service to simplify the process to scan slides to DVD. The average household has about 5,000 photos, and even more slides that are still analog and urgently in need of updating for today’s all-digital world. The tie-in with an expected seventy new tablet products is that consumers need a reliable, fast and affordable system to scan pictures to share and preserve. The best example of this urgency is I saw two people peddling away on exercise bikes at the gym passing an iPad as they shared their recent vacation photos. Just think of how much fun it will be to also show those memories from the 60′s, 70′s and 80′s.
Look for CNBC’s in-depth coverage of CES 2011 online and on-air. Julia Boorstin will report from the show beginning Wednesday, January 5 and Maria Bartiromo will anchor “Closing Bell” from CES on Thursday and Friday, January 6 and 7, 3-5pm ET.
Follow us throughout CES on Twitter, Facebook and Blogger.
Happy New Year!
president & CEO
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How to save 30% on digitizing photo snapshots
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- 4 Online Vintage Photo Archives You Need to Check Out
- Instructions For Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- News and Reviews on Photo Scanning Service, ScanMyPhotos.com