“Here’s how to protect everything from the portrait of your great grandmother to your dad’s dorky high school yearbook photo.” Reported by Shelby Brown
Hurricane preparedness tips from CNET: ”When a natural disaster hits and your possessions are lost or destroyed, people sometimes offer the phrase “things can be replaced” as comfort. 6 ways to protect your precious photos if disaster strikes”
If using an app isn’t cutting it, you can turn to a professional service. ScanMyPhotos, located in Irvine, California, offers physical photo scanning, negative scanning and slide scanning. You can mail the company a box of photos to restore or the website can transfer VHS media and 8mm film to DVD to save old home-movies.
Depending on your photo-scanning needs, the site has different options to get the job done. If you don’t have that many photos, scans start at 8 cents each. If you’re getting close to 2,000 photos, the $145-prepaid box is the best idea. Pack the box, send it off and after the project is complete, you’ll get the box back with electronic copies of your scans and a book listing your photos. CNET editor Kent German tried out ScanMyPhotos to digitize
Watch this Weather Channel profile on what happens when a devastating hurricane and its storm surges wipe out a lifetime of family nostalgia and have to plan ahead by digitizing your pictures, now.
"You can easily buy furniture, curtains and kitchen appliances again. But losing photographs? Devastating." For @CNET's #RoadTrip2020, @shelbybrown91 on keeping some of your most treasured possessions safe. https://t.co/XH9NlUGRCf via @CNET
— Kent German (@KentGerman) August 6, 2020
BONUS: Sign up here for instant discounts and news updates from ScanMyPhotos.com
Most Popular Posts
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Thanksgiving 2020 Is Canceled, According to Family Historians Polled by ScanMyPhotos.com
- Photofunia.com and Photo505.com are Two Recommended Services to Create More Ways to Share Your Photos
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Save 50% on Digitizing Your Pictures
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- How to save 50% on digitizing photo snapshots