In Fortune Magazines’ lifestyle and holiday gift guide, among the five products mentioned was digitizing pictures by ScanMyPhotos. Reported by Chris Morris.
5 of the Best Last-Minute Gift Ideas for Holiday Procrastinators.
In a digital age, it’s easy to overlook the stacks of old print photos lying around, but those memories are just as important as the ones on our phone—and often, even more so. They’re also, in some ways, more fragile, since there’s no backup for them. Digitizing several albums is intimidating because of the time commitment (assuming you even have a scanner).. ScanMyPhotos is an online service that does the job for you—and does so with a remarkable turnaround time. The company sends a prepaid postage box, which is all you have to hand over as the gift. Customers can load as many pictures as they want. Approximately a week or so later, you’ll get the photos returned, as well as scanned versions on a CD or USB. Need negatives or slides or even old 8mm or VHS tapes digitized instead? That’s also in the company’s wheelhouse. Suggested Retail Price: $170
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- 4 Online Vintage Photo Archives You Need to Check Out
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- News and Reviews on Photo Scanning Service, ScanMyPhotos.com
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE
- What You Need to Know About Restoring Ripped Photos