The PMA show has traditionally been held in the first quarter every year, but the organization cited “changes in industry buying cycles and in technology developments made the new schedule advantageous” for the change.
“Having the PMA 2011 show on the leading edge of the holiday season is the best opportunity to make critical buying decisions for the fourth quarter,” says Brian Wood 2010-11 PMA International president.
Moving the show to the pre-Q4 September dates and setting up a holiday-sell angle was also clearly a big hook for the change.
“PMA member retailers and service providers can now use the largest annual photo imaging show and conference to find those new products and services that will make a holiday season successful,” explains Fox. “Also, world-class PMA convention education will provide the most up-to-date retail trends and market information.”
PMA also noted in a released statement that, “the fast-paced business world means nimble retailers and service providers no longer need the long lead of a first-quarter event. Conversely, the fall show dates are ideal for those large chain stores that do place purchase orders long in advance.”
Brent Bowyer, executive director, Independent Photo Imagers (IPI), Henderson, Nev. explained of the change, “From the independent specialty retailer’s point of view, I’m very pleased with this announcement. I welcome the opportunity to attend an early September educational event and trade show to be prepared for the huge holiday buying season. This is a fabulous idea.”
[via Picture Business]
Most Popular Posts
- Flash Sale: SAVE 50%* TO SCAN YOUR PHOTOS
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Why AMAZON PHOTOS is Better than Google Photos
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- In The News: Top ScanMyPhotos Profiles and Reviews
- Why PictureKeeper® Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Legacybox® and Southtree® vs ScanMyPhotos®: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- What is the best way to clean 35mm slides and negatives?
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums