According to new research data from The Gifting Report 2010: The Ultimate Guide to the Consumer Gift-Giving Market report from Unity Marketing, Stevens, Pa., Mother’s Day is the second most important gifting holiday after Christmas, on which over half of all gifters purchase a gift. That puts Mother’s Day right behind Christmas in gifting popularity.
“Due to the easing of the recession, gift-givers this year are likely to spend slightly more than $100 buying Mother’s Day gifts, which would be an increase of about 10 percent over what they spent last year,” says Pam Danziger, president of Unity Marketing and author or the study. ”When it comes to their Mother’s Day gift choices, shoppers will look first to the category of giftables, with candles, flowers and picture frames being the top three giftable choices. After giftables, the next most popular gift categories will be gift cards, followed by consumable gifts, notably chocolates as the most popular gift item in that category.
“This year shoppers are likely to turn to the same destinations they did last year for Mother’s Day gifts. Discount department stores, such as Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart, will attract the highest share of shoppers, but the second most popular place to shop isn’t a ‘place’ at all but internet websites. Amazon.com, eBay, Overstock.com, BathandBodyWorks.com and HarryandDavid.com will be among the most popular e-shopping destinations this Mother’s Day,” Danziger reports. “For marketers and retailers, this mid-year gifting holiday is an important one. As past behavior predicts the future, understanding the gifting preferences of these gifters honoring Mom will let marketers be sure the right products are in the stores.”
[via PMA Newsline]
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- 6 Tips for Taking an Epic Instagram Boomerang Video
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums