Jim Miotke, the President and Founder of BetterPhoto.com, was inspired to explore Web publishing in early 1996, when a friend shared her experiences creating an online college thesis. With a unique major that combined American studies and high technology, she was required to publish her final project on the Web. Seeing this was all Jim needed to become totally inspired, diving whole-heartedly into Web development.
However, Jim did not want to simply create another personal home page. He listened to the wisdom: “Write about what you love” and, since he had a passion for photography, Jim published a brief article – his Top Ten Photography Tips on photography. The rest, as they say, is history. This short article served to launch what was to become the premier educational Web site on photography.
Jim’s mission is to provide honest answers to budding photographers everywhere. He got his first serious camera – a Pentax ME Super – in 1984 and started shooting professionally in 1994. He now primarily shoots stock, travel, and wildlife photography. See Jim’s Basic BetterPholio™ Photo Gallery or Deluxe BetterPholio™ Photographer Web Site to learn more.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Why Not Upload Pictures To Facebook
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Legacybox and Southtree vs ScanMyPhotos: The Photo Scanning “Review”
- Why Amazon Prime Day Fails And Worse; Spend $119 Before Saving a Penny
- How to Put Together a 50th Wedding Anniversary Photo Book
- What is National Parent’s Day? How To Celebrate #NationalParentsDay
- Bring Your Vintage Photos to Life with Vivid-Pix Restore