Employers are bracing for a major slowdown as employees take time off work to scroll the Internet, watch TV news and otherwise participate in Inauguration Day events.
But because of the special historic significance of Barack Obama’s swearing-in, some employers accept that Tuesday won’t be business as usual.
How some workplaces will mark Tuesday:
•ScanMyPhotos.com is closing down operations and hosting a party at its headquarters from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. that will include prizes, surprises and an Inauguration Day-themed lunch. “We wanted it to be interactive for employees and local customers,” says Mitch Goldstone, president and CEO of the Irvine, Calif.-based company. “This is almost going to be like a national holiday. We’re closing down regular business so everyone can watch. We wanted to just have a big party. This is so much more important than productivity.”
[source: USA Today]
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- “A New Leaf”, TV Series by Ancestry® to debut on NBC this Fall
- Why Picture Keeper Scored Our Top Tech Gadget
- Photo Scanning Reviews: What People Are Saying About ScanMyPhotos
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- What Is The Best Way To Clean 35mm Slides and Film Negatives?
- Instructions For “Professional Pay Per Photo Scanning
- Thousands of Pictures Digitized For Under $300*