The gang here at ScanMyPhotos takes digital storage and backing up best practices very seriously—especially when it comes to the irreplaceable sentimental value of our photos and film. While we have professionally digitized more than 300 million pictures, there are still 3 1/2 trillion more to preserve.
Take a few minutes on this day, check and see if all the photos in your smartphone are being backed up to a cloud service such as Google, Dropbox or iCloud. Oh, and back up important docs, too. Many people do not own scanners to store physical images. A good way to scan and store them can be found at ScanMyPhotos.com, which will scan and store online photos, slides, negative and videos and has been doing it since 1990.
The official #WorldBackupDay website clearly (and cleverly) explains the premise for the observance by stating, “Don’t be an April Fool. Be prepared. Back up your files on March 31st.” This makes for an easy day for us to remember each year.
So, if you don’t want to lose any memories, data, important files, etc., take the #WorldBackupDay pledge and share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Watch this KRON4 TV news story for details: Tech Report: Turn old printed pictures to digital
Just how fast is the ScanMyPhotos professional photo digitization service? This fast:
But let’s not stop with just one day either! This day should serve as a ribbon around your finger—a reminder that we should be backing up our precious data on a regular basis throughout the year.
If you’re looking for helpful tips on how or why to start backing up your files, these ScanMyPhotos posts can help:
- If You Don’t Think Photos Are Important, Wait Until They Are All You Have Left
- What’s Your Backup Plan? Keep Those Digital Photos Safe
- How to Keep Digital Photos Safe in the Cloud
- Top 5 Online Photo Storage Solutions
- Google’s Dr. Vinton Cerf Warns of “Information Black Hole”
This page is not officially supported or in any way endorsed by World Backup Day. It is provided as an informational comment only. For more information, visit worldbackupday.com.
Most Popular Posts
- How do you remove a photo stuck to glass? Here are some ideas.
- Photo Scanning 50%* Off Flash Sale
- Removing Photos from Sticky Photo Albums
- Photograph Preservation 101: How to Get Glue off of Photos
- Why Not to Upload Pictures to Facebook
- How to Prevent Photos from Sticking to Glass
- Photo Scanning and the 300 vs 600 DPI Myth
- Photographing the Northern Lights without The Expensive Gear
- 7 Of The Best Scrapbooking Blogs To Follow
- Scanning Kodachrome slides and Digital ICE